10 Shoe Rules to Guide the Gentlemanadmin
Confidence starts from within, yes. But to exude complete confidence, it all starts and ends with a great appearance. This is deeply punctuated by a pair of great shoes.
There are several shoe rules that exist. However, we have summarized the most important and compressed them into 10.
These should be your holy grail to help you nail that elegant gentleman look you always aim for;
- No matter the budget you set apart for your shoes, never compromise your feet comfort for style. Your feet should and must never suffer no matter the style you want. If you are in dire need of that particular style, you can always custom order from The Footwear Academy.
- Your choice of sock colour should always compliment your shoes. Socks serve a pivotal role in fashion as they help to bridge your shoes and your trousers. Do not wear a contrasting shade of socks. Remember the rule; blend in not stand out!
- No one likes dull faces right? Your dress shoes should always be polished and looking great. So, never go out without shining your dull pair of shoes.
- Brown oxfords are a must have in your shoe closet. As they go with almost anything. Don’t have one? Go get one!
- Socks and sandals never have and never will mix. Never opt for this dress style.
- This rule borders on the colour of your shoes and suits. You should wear shoes that are darker than your trousers. The darker your suit appears to be, the darker your shoes should be. This rule helps whatever look you intend to nail to be appropriate.
- To nail that young at heart look and live of the party attitude, you need to own a pair of comfortable boots. They always come in handy when it is time to hang out with friends.
- If you do not know how to polish your shoes, you need to learn. Tutorial videos and guides abound to help you. You can also hire the services of a professional shoe shiner to help you with this. When you meet people for the first time, they unconsciously look at your shoes; you should stand out right from your shoes.
- Never wear flip-flops to work except you work on a beach. It doesn’t give off a good vibe to any who sees you.
- If you ever consider sandals as a choice of footwear, tend to your feet. If you can’t, ditch the sandals for something that would cover your feet up properly. No one likes to see gross feet in sandals.
Liked any of these rules? Let us know which of these helped you. Don’t forget to share, like and comment.