5 Care Tips for Moccasinsadmin
Moccasins are made from various animals hides and leather.
Moccasins can either be slippers or boots. They may be soft soled (indoor use) or hard soled (outdoor use).
This week, our blog post is dedicated to teaching you 5 tips on the proper care of your moccasin shoes.
- The non-suede leather moccasins are to be cleaned with high quality leather cleaner or saddle soap.
- Clean the leather in a circular motion by using a damp sponge into the cleaner to create a foam.
- Using a clean dry cloth, blot the foam. A separate clean cloth is to be used to buff the leather.
- Allow the leather to dry overnight before wearing.
- Apply leather conditioner to soften and lubricate the leather and protect the surface from dirt and stains.
- Moisten the sponge with the conditioner. Rub the conditioner into the moccasin in a circular motion.
- With a soft dry cloth, buff the leather and allow the shoes to dry.
- Reapply the conditioner after each cleaning.
- Wash the moccasin liners with a mild shampoo or liquid soap.
- Rinse off the shampoo and allow to dry overnight.
- You can also hand wash the liners and allow to dry if they are removable.
- If you wear moccasins outdoors, ensure to waterproof the shoes with beeswax especially if you live in a damp climate.
- To soften the beeswax,place the beeswax in a double boiler and heat it over low heat.
- Apply the softened beeswax into the leather working it in thoroughly alone the seams to ensure additional protection.
- Allow the moccasins to dry. Then buff with a soft cloth.
- Moccasins can be cleaned regularly by brushing the moccasins with a suede brush.
- Rub the surface lightly with fine sandpaper or use a cleaning kit made especially for suede shoes.
- Small stains can be removed with a suede eraser or a damp sponge.
Find any hack useful? Do let us know which of these hacks helped you out.
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.